Monday, August 9, 2010

Boring post about classes for those that care

Classes have begun! And oh what a merry time of year it is.

Right now we're in the shopping period, where I can try out classes from each university and decide which two classes I want in the end (I'm also doing two classes w/ the program and an internship).

So, last Monday was the first day and I had a class at UCA at 7:45 am. So, of course, I woke up at 7:40. I got there pretty quick and professors are often 30 mins late in this country anyway, but long story short, I walked around for about 45 mins looking for the class and by the time I finally found it I decided that there was no way i was walking into a class that late, so I went back home. The class was from 7:45-1 on a monday and since that's just downright inhumane, I doubt I would have stuck with that one anyway, so no huge loss.

So far, I think I'm going with an Audiovisual Production class that's on Tuesdays at UCA from 7:45-9:15 and then again from 7:45-1 on Wednesdays (Argentine universities are friggin crazy). The whole semester is basically one huge group project where we make a commercial for a small business of our choosing in the area. So basically, it's pretty sweet and I don't think the workload will be terrible.

I'll also probably do another class, Latin America in International Politics, at the same university from 6:30-8 on Wednesday nights. I haven't been to that one yet, since that major doesn't start classes until this week, but I've been to the other classes that I could choose to take instead, which are at USAL, another one of the universities which is about 12x shittier than UCA, so the one at UCA would have to completely suck for me to choose USAL instead.

The program classes that I want are also on Tuesday and Wednesday, so if all goes well those will be the only day I have classes, which would just be downright amazing.

Anyway, that's my class situation, I'm sure you were riveted.

No comments:

Post a Comment